Sweet Kambu Adai
Kambu/ Pearl millet has following health benefits:
- Provides disease fighting phytochemicals
- Lowers cholesterol
- Good antioxidant
- Gluten free grain
- Helps in weight reduction and controls blood sugar levels
Nutrient contents per 100gms :
Proteins- 8.3gms, Calcium- 27gms,
Fibre- 9gms, Iron- 0.5 gms
- Kambu Rice- 1 cup
- Jaggery (Vellam)- 3/4 cup
- Coconut- 100 gms
- Cardamom – 2
- Gingelly Oil / Ghee- 100 ml
- Salt – To taste
- Powder the elachi/ Cardamon seeds.
- Dissolve jaggery in water and filter it to remove the dirt in jaggery.
- Grind the kambu into a batter.
- Add cardamon powder, jaggery water, coconut pieces and salt to the batter.
- Make it as adai in a dosa tawa with ghee or gingelly oil.
- Serve it hot as an evening snack.