Tapioca root – 3
Chilli powder – to taste
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Fresh coriander stems and leaves – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup ( roasted in ghee)
Cold pressed coconut oil – 2-3 tbsp
Water – 3 cups
Salt – to taste
1. Peel and chop the tapioca. Pressure cook it with enough water until well cooked. Mash well .
2. To the tapioca mash add salt, chilli powder, chopped coriander and roasted cumin powder. Using your fingers , mix it well . Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking .
3. Grease your palms with a little oil and make cutlets. Take a small amount of the mash and flatten it in the palm of your hand. Now put a small bit of the roasted cashew in the centre . Fold the mash mixture over it and then press into a flat cutlet like disc. Lay it out on a lightly greased plate. Repeat with the rest of the mash.
4. Heat a tava and smear lightly with a few drops of coconut oil. Place the cutlets and turn the heat to a slow simmer . Keep adding a few drops of oil to not let the cutlets burn .
5. The outer surface will crisp up and puff slightly. Turn on the other side until you get an even colour. Drain on kitchen paper and serve piping hot garnished with some crunchy cashew nuts .
Leftover cutlets can be re-heated on the tava.
HAPPY SNACKING !